Sunday, June 24, 2012

Heritage Days

I finally got to have a little outing today!!! Woohoo!!! I have been ANXIOUSLY awaiting this day and saving up all of my energy!! :) I went to the Heritage Days Parade with my family!! :) We just walked down to the corner and sat there to watch the parade! My hubby ran back home to get me a dining room chair since I wasn't able to stand for so long!! It was sooo nice to get out! :)

After the parade it was back home to rest and then off to the JILLIAN GRACE DUCK RACE! :) I am borrowing a few photos from Jodi (since I didn' bring a camera - -thank you)!! :)

Each year the Lansink family has a duck race in honor of their sweet baby Jillian who lived only 22 short hours on this earth. She was born with Anencephaly. :( It is so amazing that they do this event to remember her and then donate all of the proceeds back to the Ida Grove Hospital! What a wonderful thing to do for our community and sweet baby Jillian!!



Our friends... The LANSINKS!! :)

Proof that I was there!! :)



After all of the events of the day Nick met up with the Lansink's and watched some fireworks!! :)


THANK YOU Lansink's for including us in this SPECIAL day!
I am so GRATEFUL for our friendship!!

No comments: